Share :
Print

Headstock Mine II

  • Chevalement du Puit 2
This mining headstock is testimony to Youx of the mining past of the basin of Saint-Eloy-les-Mines. 22m high, firstly in wood then a metalic structure in 1909. This mine served as a pumping station for returned air and airation of the mines.
Coal mine shaft jacking. Height: 22.20m. The deposit is part of the "grand sillon houiller du Massif Central" 270 km long from Noyant (Allier) to La Salvetat (Aveyron). The "Société des Mines de La Bouble" started drilling the N°2 Well on May 20, 1895. The headframe of the Well II was first made of wood in 1898. The metal structure, as it exists today, was built in 1909. This shaft was used as a pumping station, air return and ventilation of the galleries for coal exploration. It was connected to the other shafts of the Saint-Éloy-les-Mines mining basin. From 1898, Youx became the 2nd mining town in the Nord des Combrailles region, multiplying the population by three from 1883 to 1954. The coalmining company stopped mining in 1954.
Opening day(s)

All year long 2022

Every day

All year round, daily.
General
  • Type of culturel patrimony :
    • Historic site and monument
  • Industrial heritage :
    • Industrial site
    • Mine
Equipment & Services
  • Services :
    • Services

Map


Fields with an asterisk * must not be left blank
My request
Your Contact Details
In accordance with Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 of the National Committee for Information Technology and Civil Liberties (CNIL) with regard to computing, files and liberties (article 36), the interested party is entitled to ask for his/her personal information to be rectified, completed, clarified, updated or deleted if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, elapsed or in respect of which it is forbidden to use, disseminate or store said information. Should you wish to exercise this right, please specify the fact in the form above.
Contact
Headstock Mine II
Rue du Puits II
63700
Youx
Phone : +33 4 73 85 07 81
  • Spoken language(s) :
    • French